Child Tax exemption for College-age Students? Waukesha Accounting Services

Can you claim an exemption for your college-age student?  Waukesha Accounting and Tax Preparation with Edith Christian can help you with this question.

If your child is a full-time student under age 24, claiming an exemption for him or her on your tax return may depend on your passing the support test. Support includes food, clothing, and educational expenses such as tuition and fees. Your child cannot have provided over one-half the cost of those expenses. If you fail this support test, you can’t take a dependency exemption and certain education tax breaks.

Don’t squander away your precious time by struggling with complicated IRS forms and complex bookkeeping chores. You can get fast and effective solutions to all of your tax and accounting affairs when you employ Edith I Christian, CPA. We know how stressful your life can be. But when you call on us, you can relax a little bit.  Call today.

Edith Christian CPA
N9 W29360 Thames Road
Waukesha, WI 53188